Sunday, October 24, 2010
FEELING the weight off
The next time you eat wrongly and feel the “out of control” feeling, the remorse, the really full, bloated feeling, take a moment and ask yourself “what feeling did I feel right before I put the food in my mouth?“ Do not allow “I don’t know”. That’s not an answer. Your answer will have nothing to do with another person, either. Pay attention to what you were thinking, as opposed to what you were FEELING. Dig deep for the feeling. Many times the eating is used as a distraction to stop a particular feeling. What might that be with you? What feelings are you using food to suppress? Below are some examples. Think of YOUR feelings and words and send them to me.
· Revenge: “That will show them”.
· Frustrated: “Nothing I do works, anyway”.
· Mad: “I hate myself because I can’t quit it”.
· Depressed: “I don’t even care anymore”.
· Security: “I just want to be taken care of” or “Why isn’t anyone taking care of me?”
· Loneliness: “If I can’t have love, food comforts me”.
It is these feelings that are important to become aware of, plus it makes for a quicker and more assured resolve for you. Think about it.
©Cynthia Attar, 2010 / Hypnosis by Cindy